Tuesday, April 7, 2009

* Reading * a Card * a Toot *

Yesterday I received a mail that one of my cards for Mothersday for the May issue had been chosen for publication. Yes! Again one of my cards is chosen. I send 2 cards and this time I am happy with the choice they made. I liked this one best as well. I will put up the link as soon as it's up.

Ok, I want to show a card I created for Scrapstreet which didn't make it. They had a call for a layout with nursery rhymes, and while I did an internet search for those rhymes I found one with the text an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I immediately thought about the October Afternoon papers with the funny apples on it, and this is the result.
Even though it isn't chosen I still like it :) @ night I finished the latest novel of Iris Johansen; De Schedel. Again a good read, but I have also read better books from her hand. This wasn't anything new, but still a nice read.
Last week I finished De Dood van een Pelgrim and I don't step out of line with this one; again a nice read but the first book I read from Peter Tremayne was much better than this one. In fact this one was a bit of a disappointment to be honest.
I plan to start this evening with another novel from him; Het Web van Araglin. Let's hope it's a better one this time around.
Still have to make the Jaaroverzicht challenge of next week and tomorrow the new challenge will be up. I will see if I have some time after posting this blog (and some surfing on the 'net :)


No comments:

Post a Comment